Augusta Area Dietetic Internship
1350 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30901-2629
Internship Director:Jeanne Lee, MS, RD, LD
The Augusta Area Dietetic Internship Program (AADIP) is a 44-week program of post-baccalaureate study accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The program has a clinical nutrition concentration designed to utilize the unique variety of medical and health care facilities in the Augusta area.
Theoretical and clinical experiences in food service management, clinical dietetics and community nutrition are provided at appropriate facilities participating in the internship program. Interns are based in University Hospital, where Morrison Health Care Food Services manage the hospital's Food and Nutrition Services department. Morrison is a nationwide company that specializes in health care food services and has a roster of more than 430 health care clients in 44 states.
Twelve applicants are selected each year on the basis of academic standing, letters of recommendation, work experience, personal letter of career goals, memberships and other activities.
Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited university and have completed the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics minimum academic requirements verified by an A.N.D. Verification Statement by the entry date.
Upon successful completion of the internship, dietetic interns are qualified to apply for active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and are eligible to write the registration exam for dietitians.
Augusta Area Dietetic Internship graduates have a very good performance record. The completion rate for the program is 99 percent since its inception in 1981. Graduates of the program receive many job offers and usually are employed in entry-level dietitian positions within three-six months of graduation.
The AADI does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, race, handicap, or national or ethnic origin in the recruitment or selection of its students, or in the provision of equal access to all services, benefits and facilities.
Applicants must participate in computer matching. Register online at www.dnddigital.com. Your contact information and Dietetic Internship priority choices must be entered at this site by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on or before Feb 15, 2014.
There is a $50 fee for this service and applicants can pay with a credit card. If you have questions regarding the computer matching process contact D&D Digital at 515/292-0490.
- The Augusta Area Dietetic Internship participates in the online Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Students applying for an internship in Augusta can go online to apply in early December 2013. The application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. CST on Feb. 15, 2014. There is a $40 fee to use DICAS for the first application and $20 for each additional application.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS - Transcript Dept., P.O. Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472
- The application must include three references with their names and contact information -- including e-mail address. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching by 11:59 p.m. CST on Feb. 15. There is a $50 computer matching fee.
- There is a $25 application processing fee that should be mailed to: Augusta Area Dietetic Internship, University Hospital, 1350 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30901-2629. Make checks or money orders payable to: AADI.
- No additional forms or documents are required for the application process.
- NOTE: An interview is not required for this internship.
If you have questions, please contact Internship Director Jeanne Lee, M.S., R.D., L.D., by phone at 706/774-8897, by fax at 706/774-8671 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Compliance with Accreditation Standards
The Augusta Area Dietetic Internship is currently granted accreditation status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), 120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606, 312/899-4876.
The Augusta Area Dietetic Internship will host an open house on Friday, Nov. 22, 2013, from 1-4 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 3, 2014, from 1-4 p.m.. Interested applicants are encouraged to attend to learn more about the program first hand. E-mail Jeanne Lee to register and for directions.