FOR MORE INFORMATION, contact Erica Cline at 706/828-2225.
Kentwood Extended Care Receives National Honors for Exemplary Customer Satisfaction
Excellence in Action Award Recognizes Nursing Homes’ Commitment to Quality
(AUGUSTA, Ga) – June 11, 2008 – Kentwood Extended Care today received My InnerView’s Excellence in Action award, a national honor recognizing exemplary nursing home quality care and service. The award, which is presented annually, recognizes those nursing homes that have made a commitment to continuous quality improvement and have successfully made quality a priority to better serve their customers’ needs.
“This year’s award recipients truly demonstrate their dedication to excellence in quality,” said Brad Shiverick, Chief Quality Officer, My InnerView. “This is an exceptional group of providers and their efforts should be recognized.”
My InnerView, the applied research and quality management company that presents the award, supports leaders across the entire senior care profession with tools to measure, benchmark and improve performance. This year’s award was presented to My InnerView customers who completed a resident or family satisfaction survey in 2007, had a minimum 30-percent response rate and scored in the top ten percent of qualifying facilities on the question, “What is your recommendation of this facility to others?” in terms of the percent of respondents rating the nursing home as “excellent.” The award was presented to 299 nursing homes this year.
About Kentwood Extended Care: At Kentwood Extended Care Facility, the staff strives to make residents feel at home and part of an extended family during their stay. This facility operated by University Extended Care offers 20 personal care beds and 80 nursing home beds.
Residents choosing the personal care option can maintain an independent lifestyle but still receive assistance with daily activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing and medication supervision.
People who have more serious health needs and require the structured supervision of a nursing home are cared for by registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing aides in three adjacent nursing home wings.
Kentwood Assisted Living amenities include:
Kentwood Skilled Nursing amenities include:
- Attractive, homelike personal care rooms for individuals and couples
- Large walk-in closets, small refrigerators, porch and inside sitting area available in some rooms
- Three meals a day served in the dining room
- Beauty shop, notary services, housekeeping, laundry facilities, staff chaplain, on-site rehabilitation and resident council
- Activity Programs, including outings for residents
- Eighty-bed facility including 28 private rooms for short-term rehab or long-term placement.
- Full-time rehab staff including physical, occupational and speech therapist.
- Meals served in three dining areas (menus available).
- Inhouse activity coordinator who provides customized activities, including pet therapy, gardening, reading, card and art clubs.
- Secluded spacious grounds with patios and walk areas.
- Beauty shop, notary service, housekeeping, laundry facilities, staff chaplain and resident council.