University Health Care System
(706) 722-9011

Newsroom

Foundation Makes Gift to the Boys & Girls Clubs December 12, 2008

FOR MORE INFORMATION, contact Steve Crawford at 706/840-1458.

University Foundation Makes Gift to the Boys & Girls Clubs

Augusta, Ga. – Dec. 10, 2008 – University Health Care Foundation has donated a former bank property to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Augusta for use as administrative space.

The property, formerly a Suntrust Bank branch, was donated to the University Health Care Foundation in 1999 and has remained unused since that time.

The property at 206 Milledge Road in Augusta, includes 1.2 acres and has a total assessed value of more than $290,000, according to county tax records. The property transfer was completed in November and renovation of the building began this week, according to Kam L. Kyzer, Boys & Girls Clubs executive director.

The Boys & Girls Clubs’ administrative offices are now occupying three small classrooms at the E.W. Hagler Club, the organization’s cornerstone club, located in historic Harrisburg. Currently, the Hagler Club serves more than 130 youth daily.

Having this valuable classroom space occupied by offices makes small group programming a challenge and limits in the number of additional children that can be served.

The acquisition of the 206 Milledge Road property increases the Boys & Girls Clubs capacity to provide expanded services to the children of the CSRA, Ms. Kyzer said.

###

AWARDS AND RECOGNITION

  
     
© 2014   University Health Care System
1350 Walton Way, Augusta, Georgia
(706) 722-9011