For more information, contact Erica Cline at 706/828-2397.
Annual Diabetes Expo Offers Education, Screenings
(AUGUSTA, GA. – Nov. 13, 2009) University Hospital’s 23rd Annual Diabetes Expo is a FREE, fun-filled, educational afternoon of exhibits and classes that offer the latest information related to diabetes care and management. The expo is from noon-5 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 14, at Warren Baptist Church, 3203 Washington Road.
You’ll learn about diabetes, how to control it, its complications, the newest medications available, how to cook for the holidays, how to take care of your feet and much more.
Physicians, certified diabetes educators and registered dietitians will be there to answer your questions.
Free blood sugar testing and other health screenings will be available.
Diabetes Expo Class Schedule
- The Scoop on Snacks; Cheryl Mehta, RD, LD, CDE, 1:15, 2:15, 3:15 p.m.; Room 1
- Basic Carbohydrate Counting; Mary Beth Arnold, RD, LD, CDE; 2:15, 3:15, 4:15; Room 2
- Holiday Cooking; Cathryne Buice, RD, LD, CDE; 1:15, 2:15, 3:15 p.m.; Room 3
- Diabetes and Your Heart; Christopher McElroy, MD, Internal Medicine; 1:15, 2:15 p.m.; Room 4
- Diabetes and Your Feet; Mickey Stapp, DPMs, Podiatry; 3:15, 4:15 p.m.; Room 4
- Diabetes and Your Eyes; Randy Dhaliwal, MD, Ophthalmology; 1:15, 2:15 p.m.; Room 5
- Diabetes and Your Kidneys; Robert Shay, MD, Nephrology; 3:15, 4:15 p.m.; Room 5
- Understanding the Diabetes Medicine Maze; Michael Ikeler, Internal Medicine and Lipidology; 1:15, 2:15 p.m.; Room 6
- What’s New in the 21st Century for Diabetes Care; Leyla El-choufi, MD, Endocrinology; 3:15, 4:15 p.m.; Room 6
- Metabolic Syndrome: The Blood Pressure-Cholesterol-Diabetes Connection; Donald McAlexander, MD, Internal Medicine; 2:15, 3:15 p.m.; Room 7
- Daily Diet Do’s and Don’ts; Helena Snider, MMSc, RD, LD, CDE; 1:15 and 2:15 in Room 8; 4:15 p.m. in Room 7
- Planning for Flu and Other Sick and Special Days; Denise Kennedy, MD, Internal Medicine; 3:15, 4:15 p.m.; Room 8
Abbott Diabetes Care
Accu-Chek: Roche Diagnostics
CVS Pharmacy Diabetes Care Center
DexCom: SevenPlus CGM
Aiyan Diabetes Center
Eli Lilly and Company
Hydro One, LLC
Kingdom Care Diabetes Supplies
Medical Services of America: Medxpress
Novo Nordisk, Inc.
Insulet Corporation: Omnipod Insulin Pump Management System
Walton Rehabilitation Hospital