For more information, call Rebecca Sylvester at 706/ 828-2394
‘Best in Class’ Kentwood Nursing Home Recognized for Exemplary Customer, Workforce SatisfactionAUGUSTA, GA. (May 26, 2010) — My InnerView – an independent research company announced that Augusta’s Kentwood Extended Care is among 519 nursing homes honored with the profession’s best-in-class, Excellence in Action award. This honor recognizes nursing homes that achieve high levels of excellence as demonstrated by having overall customer or workforce satisfaction levels that fall within the top 10 percent of My InnerView’s database.
“This year’s award recipients are recognized and applauded by their customers and employees,” said Neil Gulsvig, President of My InnerView. “This annual award underscores the difference these nursing homes are making in the lives of their customers and staff.”
The award is presented to My InnerView customers who completed a customer (resident or family) or workforce satisfaction survey in 2009, had a minimum of 10 responses with a minimum 30 percent response rate, and scored in the top 10 percent of qualifying facilities on the question “What is your recommendation of this facility to others?” or “What is your recommendation of this facility as a place to work?” in terms of the percentage of respondents rating the facility as “excellent.”
“This award is a reflection of our staff’s excellent teamwork, dedication to resident care and family involvement,” said Kentwood Administrator Nancy Powell. “I am very pleased to be a member of the wonderful Kentwood team.”
About Kentwood: Kentwood Extended Care Facility is an 80-bed nursing facility with 20 personal care beds operated by University Extended Care. Residents choosing the personal care option can maintain an independent lifestyle but still receive assistance with daily activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing and medication supervision.
People who have more serious health needs and require the structured supervision of a nursing home are cared for by registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing aides in three adjacent nursing home wings.
Kentwood Assisted Living amenities include:
- Attractive, homelike personal care rooms for individuals and couples
- Large walk-in closets, small refrigerators, porch and inside sitting area available in some rooms
- Three meals a day served in the dining room
- Beauty shop, notary services, housekeeping, laundry facilities, staff chaplain, on-site rehabilitation and resident council
- Activity Programs, including outings for residents
Kentwood Skilled Nursing amenities include:
- Eighty-bed facility including 28 private rooms for short-term rehab or long-term placement.
- Full-time rehab staff including physical, occupational and speech therapist.
- Meals served in three dining areas (menus available).
- Inhouse activity coordinator who provides customized activities, including pet therapy, gardening, reading, card and art clubs.
- Secluded spacious grounds with patios and walk areas.
- Beauty shop, notary service, housekeeping, laundry facilities, staff chaplain and resident council.
About My InnerView: By maintaining the profession’s largest private database of quality customer and workforce satisfaction metrics, My InnerView gives leaders in assisted living, senior housing and skilled nursing professions the research, insights and solutions that matter most to providing the highest quality of care and service. My InnerView works with more than 8,500 senior care providers throughout the United States.