The Tree of Love Campaign began in 1982 and is an annual holiday giving program of University Hospital. The program, administered by the University Health Care Foundation, solicits contributions during the holiday season of November and December. Three children’s programs will benefit from the Tree of Love Campaign.
- Camp Juliet, sponsored by University Hospital Diabetes Services and University Health Care Foundation, gives children, ages 7 to 17, the opportunity to learn how to better manage their diabetes while enjoying normal camping activities.
- Camp Whispering Wind was established in 1999 with Tree of Love contributions. Children 8 – 16 years old, who require daily medication for their asthma, can learn to just be kids at camp. During the camp, self-management is promoted. Effects and correct use of medications, breathing exercises, and how to help prevent asthma episodes are skills the children attain through staff education and peer support.
- University Hospital’s Speech & Hearing Center provides services to children of all ages struggling to talk, understand, hear or swallow. Children ranging in age from 0 to 18 years, as well as adults, are seen at the center. Diagnostic evaluations as well as speech therapy services are provided. Free speech and hearing screenings are offered at all times.
This year the Tree of Love Campaign will begin Nov. 20 and run through Dec. 22. Chick-Fil-A at Augusta Exchange and area banks will partner with the Foundation and solicit their customers for $1 gifts during the holiday season, including Firehouse Subs, Augusta First Bank & Trust, Bank of America, First Bank, First Citizen’s Bank, Georgia Bank & Trust, Queensborough Bank, Regions Bank, SRP Federal Credit Union, SunTrust, Wachovia and University Health Federal Credit Union.
To show your support for the Tree of Love Campaign:
Your support will help these programs continue to make a difference for children in the community. If you have any questions, please contact Kathleen Bailie at 706/729-5654.
- Make a donation in memory of or honor of a friend, family member, co-worker, etc., to the University Healthcare Foundation. Acknowledgement cards will be sent, with information provided by the donor. Gifts made of $100, will receive a gift certificate for a sterling silver Tree of Love pin from Windsor Jewelers. Gifts made of $500, will receive a gift certificate for a 14kt. gold Tree of Love charm or pin. You can mail donations to the University Healthcare Foundation, 2100 Central Avenue, Suite D1, Augusta, GA 30904. All donations are tax-deductible by IRS regulations.
- Tell family members and friends they can show their support through local banks or by donation to the Foundation.