Physician Office Building 4
1303 D'Antignac Street, Suite 1100
Augusta, GA 30901
Physician-hospital partnership is essential to an integrated delivery system of health care, so University and physician leaders formed University Health Link in 1994. This Physician-Hospital Organization (PHO) is jointly owned by University Health Care System and University Physician Associates, P.C., an independent practice association owned by its 420 physician stakeholders. University Health Link maintains more than 60 managed care contracts with area health plans that provide access to a comprehensive system of services for more than 240,000 local employees and dependents.
University Health Link is the link between employers and their health plan administrators, working to coordinate health care benefits that meet the unique needs of employees and their families. University Health Link has more than 15 direct contracts with local business and industry. Many other employers access University Health Link through its contracts with national or regional insurance carriers, while others access University Health Link through its contracts with various managed care networks. If you are interested in contracting with University Health Link, call 706/774-7744. Divisions of University Health Link include:
Network Management maintains contracts with a full array of health care providers to assure access to a comprehensive system of services. These include more than 500 physicians, University Hospital, seven affiliate hospitals, a home health agency, radiology centers, surgery centers, durable medical equipment providers, prosthetics providers, Georgia Radiation Therapy Center and Walton Rehabilitation Hospital.
Network Management also maintains more than 60 contracts with local business and industry, insurance carriers and national/regional lease networks. In addition, Network Management, along with Provider Relations, acts as the liaison between the University Health Link Network and member providers, business and industry and insurance carriers.
Practice Management/Physician Services offered include:
- Delegated credentialing completing all necessary information and related requirement for over 60 payors.
- Provider relations and physician support services assisting in contract dispute resolution and recoupment of higher dollar claims.
- Physician Recruitment, a comprehensive package of services to assist physician groups seeking to expand.
- New physician orientation, practice set-up, and promotional assistance.
- Practice support through regular practice manager meetings, practice management seminars, HIPAA compliance, Medicare compliance, and OSHA compliance seminars.
- Vendor purchasing co-operative to assist in overhead reduction and revenue enhancement, through exceptional discounts negotiated by UHL/UPA on practice related products and services such as medical-surgical and office supplies, pharmacy services, business furniture, filing systems and forms, printing services, copiers and fax machines, cellular service and automated payroll service.
Through the Quality Management program, Health Link strives to ensure that its customers receive the right care at the right time in the right place for the right price. Health Link credentials its provider system, which includes physicians, other licensed staff and facilities, against NCQA standards to achieve and maintain the highest quality. Health Link also monitors customer feedback to determine strengths and weaknesses and bring about improvements in customer service within our network of providers.
Sales and Marketing
Representatives of this department market University Health Link’s services to business and industry. University Health Link provides a single point of contact with employers to help with evaluating, planning and selecting a health plan. Employers who access the University Health Link network find this coordinated service and communication effort helpful in ensuring that their employees receive accurate information and excellent customer service.
If your company is interested in obtaining access to the University Health Link network, call 706/774-7934.