W.G. Watson, M.D., Women's Center
1350 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30901
Expect a Special Delivery
University Hospital has a time-honored tradition of serving Augusta-area women and their families for generations. We offer services to meet every woman’s needs, including obstetrics/gynecology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and mammography. We also offer referrals and educational offerings specially developed for women from puberty beyond menopause.
The 1999 opening of the W.G. Watson, M.D., Women's Center represents our continued commitment to providing the latest medical technology and family-focused care. The enhancements at this facility, which are devoted entirely to women's health and wellness, include:
- 36 suites
- 40-bed Level III Special Care Nursery
- Centrally located, 20-bassinet newborn nursery
- On-site Lactation Center
Technologically advanced facilities and compassionate staff define our approach to health care. You can feel confident knowing that we have the medical expertise you need.
The physicians who practice at University Hospital save precious time in treating their patients by using the Epic Computer System. This innovative technology allows physicians to view patients' test results, prescribe medications and even monitor labor contractions from anywhere they have internet access. This means patients are on the road to treatment, delivery or recovery without delay.
With hundreds of years of combined experience and expertise, our highly trained and passionately loyal maternity staff is committed to making your stay special. Many members of our staff have achieved national certification in their specialties.
The diverse staff of female and male physicians who practice at University's Women's Center is dedicated to the needs of women of all ages from adolescence to post-menopausal.
We are equipped to deliver every level of care:
- Level III Special Care Nursery for premature births or babies with special needs
- Level III Perinatal Center for high-risk pregnancies
- On-floor operating suites dedicated to women exclusively
- Fetal monitoring system linked directly to physician offices
- State-of-the-art infant security system
- Newborn nursery with indirect sunlight, proven vital for infant stimulation