W.G. Watson, M.D., Women's Center
1350 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30901
Having a baby should be a special event that involves personal preferences. Our Women's Center reflects the careful planning that comes from putting patients and families first.
Open, airy hallways and comfortable reception areas create a warm, welcoming environment unlike those in older facilities. The result is a childbirth experience personalized for you and your baby.
Mother’s Choice – an exclusive program offered
only at the W.G. Watson, M.D., Women’s Center
It is the philosophy of our Nursery and Postpartum nursing units to practice Mother’s Choice: a way to improve communication and provide coordinated care for baby and mother. We believe that we must work together as a team in order to provide the very best education, service and rest for our new families.
Our Mother’s Choice Program will assist you and your support person in adapting to this new role as a parent by teaching you how to care for yourself and your new baby. Your care will be individualized based on your unique needs and desires by our team of specialized OB, newborn and lactation nurses. We work closely with you and your physician to provide skilled, professional care to make this a treasured and memorable experience.
Choices and special touches include:
- Fully equipped labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum suites
- The option of having your newborn stay with you in your room
- Dedicated Women's Center elevator and direct admission for expectant mothers
- Newborn Birthday Bell announcing each birth throughout the hospital
- The option to stay an additional day after discharge if your baby is in the Special Care Nursery, depending on bed availability