In the Main Hospital
- Most Patient Care Areas: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Critical Care Units: Each unit has its own visiting hours; check unit for specific times.
- Intensive Care Unit, Sixth Floor: 9:30-10 a.m., 1:30-2 p.m., 5:30-6 p.m., 8:30-9 p.m. 706/774-8319.
- Neuro Intensive Care Unit, Ninth Floor: 9:30-10 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-noon, 1:30-2 p.m., 3:30-4 p.m., 5:30-6 p.m., 8:30-9 p.m. 706/774-3987.
- Staying Overnight with Patients
It is sometimes necessary for someone to stay overnight with a patient. Please check with your nurse to obtain a visitor's badge. If you are coming in after 9 p.m., you must enter through the main front entrance and stop at the Information Desk to obtain a visitor's badge. Identifying after-hours visitors helps assure a safe and secure environment for everyone in the hospital.
Note: Non-emergency visitors in the hospital after 9 p.m. must enter through main entrance where a security officer will issue a visitor badge.
Please speak with your nurse regarding visitation of children younger than 12.
In the Heart & Vascular Institute
- Visitation is limited to adults and children 12 and older. The Heart & Vascular Institute offers open visitation for most patients.
- Visiting hours in the Cardiovascular Post Anesthesia Care Unit is limited to the following times: 9-9:30 a.m., 1-1:30 p.m., 5-5:30 p.m. and 8:30-9 p.m.
Note: Family members can access the Heart & Vascular Institute after normal business hours by pressing the button for Hospital Security at the main entrance.