Helping ensure our patients receive the highest level of care, delivered with dignity and compassion, is our goal with every patient and family member, every time. Our Board challenges us to remain in the top 10 percent of hospitals in the country in quality scores, and they meet monthly with physicians and clinical staff to analyze the data and develop a plan to better serve our patients. It is this goal-driven mindset that has earned us recognition in key areas for our quality strides.
- University Hospital is ranked 30th in the nation in patient safety for overall hospital care and 43rd in the nation in medical excellence for overall hospital care by CareChex®, a division of Comparion® Medical Analytics, one of the nation's largest privately held healthcare information services companies. CareChex® ranked University fifth in the nation in medical excellence for general surgery, and also recognized University as No. 1 in Georgia in overall medical care, cancer car, pneumonia care, pulmonary care, stroke care, major bowel procedures, gastrointestinal care, gallbladder removal and general surgery. CareChex® also includes University among the 100 best hospitals in the nation in patient safety in 16 clinical categories.
- University received 10 five-star ratings in 2014 from Healthgrades, the nation’s leading online resource for those looking for a physician or hospital, for the following services:
- Defibrillator Procedures
- Pacemaker Procedures
- Sepsis (within 30 days)
- Respiratory Failure
- Total Hip Replacement
- Hip Fracture Treatment
- Spinal Fusion
- Total Knee Replacement
- Pneumonia (in-hospital)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- University is the only hospital in Georgia to be named an America's Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopaedic Surgery, Joint Replacement or Spine Surgery by Healthgrades, the nation's leading online resource for those looking for a physician or hospital.
- Designed to rate how well hospitals protect patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections, the latest Hospital Safety Score honored University Hospital with an “A” – its top grade in patient safety. The Hospital Safety Score is compiled under the guidance of the nation’s leading experts on patient safety and is administered by The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), an independent industry watchdog.
- University was rated "High Performing" in 10 service lines by US News & World Report, more than all other area hospitals combined. These include Cardiology & Heart Surgery; Diabetes & Endocrinology; Gastroenterology & GI Surgery; Geriatrics; Gynecology; Nephrology; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Orthopaedics; Pulmonology; and Urology. US News & World Report also ranked University Hospital as the fifth best hospital in the state of Georgia. No other hospital in the CSRA ranked higher than 15th on the list.
- Society for Critical Care Award for Leadership in Eliminating Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- American Cancer Society College of Surgeons Cancer Certification with Commendation
- Vascular Lab Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories Accreditation
- Cardiac Rehab Certification
- Joint Commission Accreditation Joint Commission Certified Stroke Center
- Laboratory Services accreditation by the College of American Pathologists
In addition, the following initiatives were launched, moving health care at University to new levels of quality:
- Implemented nursing bedside reporting to ensure patients and family members stay informed during all shifts of their care and progress toward the desired outcome and discharge
- Kicked off Project RED with intense education and follow-up care to help reduce readmission rates for congestive heart failure patients
- Renovated 5 North/South inpatient rooms with updated nurse call systems, new flooring, furnishings and restrooms and state-of-the-art beds
- Launched Greater Augusta Healthcare Network (GAHN) community needs assessment in cooperation with Georgia Health Sciences University to identify the major health needs in our community and develop a trackable, working plan to address those needs
At University we closely monitor our patients' satisfaction through a survey process administered by an outside vendor. We ask patients to rate us in a number of areas, including their overall rating of care and would they recommend us to others. Our goal is to be in the top 10 percent of hospitals across the country and we work every day to improve the experience for our patients and visitors.
* Note: See How We Compare to view University Hospital's quality and patient satisfaction scores in comparison to other local hospitals.