Heart and Vascular Services
1350 Walton Way
The vascular surgeons and neurologists that practice at University's state-of-the-art Heart & Vascular Institute are area leaders in diagnosing and treating vascular diseases. University's Vascular Lab is the only one in the surrounding area to receive accreditation in all five types of noninvasive vascular testing in which accreditation can be achieved.
University's Vascular Services offer patients a wide rage of the very latest options to treat vascular disease - from noninvasive means to highly technical surgical therapies.
University a Certified Primary Stroke Center
Each year about 795,000 people experience a new or recurrent stroke, which is the nation’s third leading cause of death. On average, someone suffers a stroke every 40 seconds and someone dies of a stroke every 3.1 minutes. Stroke is a leading cause of serious, long-term disability in the United States, with about 4.7 million stroke survivors alive today.
In order to be Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, University demonstrated that clinicians:
- Have 24/7 readiness to care for patients with Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIA), stroke, stroke-like symptoms and cerebral hemorrhages
- Provide care following evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
- Use a standardized method of delivering clinical care provided by highly trained physicians and staff and an interdisciplinary team that includes a strong working relationship with Emergency Medical Services
- Have an effective protocol in place to assess stroke patients for thrombolytic therapy and to deliver this time-sensitive therapy efficiently and safely to those who can receive it
- Educate patients and their families about stroke prevention and actions to take if stroke-like symptoms occur
- Regularly measure patient outcomes and satisfaction for this population and work to improve both
Find a Vascular Surgeon
Click here to find a Vascular Surgeon who practices at University Hospital
Learn More About These Vascular Conditions