University Breast Health Center
Professional Office Building 2
818 St. Sebastian Way, Suite 205
Augusta, GA 30901
706/774-4149 or toll free 866/774-4141
Click here for a mobile mammography schedule.
Fully accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, University’s Mobile Mammography Unit offers stateof-the-art digital mammograms with certified mammography technicians.
The Mobile travels to businesses and locations throughout the CRSA providing convenient access for patients to get a screening mammogram.
Before Your Mammogram
- Appointments are required and are scheduled at 10-minute intervals.
- If you have breast implants, please inform the scheduler as these appointments take longer.
- It must be a year since your previous mammogram.
- You must have a physician to receive your results.
Day of Your Mammogram
- No perfume, powder or deodorant under breast or arms (wipes and deodorant will be available for your use after your exam).
- Bring your insurance card and your driver’s license or government ID card.
- Provide the date and location of your last mammogram.
- You will receive education on breast self-examination at the time of the appointment.
After Your Mammogram
- A radiologist will read the images within 2-4 days.
- A report will be sent to your physician within 7-10 days. If you do not receive a letter within that time period, call 706-774-4149 or toll free at 866-774-4141.
- Ten-15 percent of participants may be asked to return for additional views. This is not unusual, and the Breast Health Center staff will call to schedule a follow up appointment if needed.
Patients are billed separately by University’s Mobile Mammography Unit and by Brown & Radiology Associates where the images are interpreted by a board-certified radiologist.
University Health Care System Billing Office
For billing questions concerning a mobile mammogram, call 706-828-2333.
Brown & Radiology Associates Billing Office
For billing questions concerning the interpretation of a mammogram, call 706-737-4275.