This recipe is simple and refreshing, and always a crowd-pleaser!
- 3 medium tomatoes cut into small chunks
- 2 large cucumbers or 5 pickling cucumbers, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large salad bowl, gently stir tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions together, taking care to separate the onion pieces so that they resemble thin crescent moons.
2. In a small bowl, stir the remaining ingredients together (vinegar through pepper). Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and stir gently. Place in the refrigerator to “chill”.
Yield: 6 Servings (1 cup)
Nutrition Breakdown: Calories 50, Fat 2.5g, Carbohydrate 6g, Fiber 2g, Protein 2g.
Recipe from the Best Body Cookbook & Menu Plan cookbook. Signed copies are available at the Communigraphics Gift Shop.