Post-Hospital Stay Rehabilitation
Some patients who leave University Hospital’s Heart & Vascular Institute will be able to continue their recovery and rehabilitation at home. However, for those who need a little (or a lot) more assistance, University Health Care System offers a number of rehabilitation services to benefit our patients with transitions of care and continuity of care in a continuum to serve the patient at home or in a rehab setting.
University Home Health
Professionals at University Home Health Services give patients skilled nursing care and rehabilitative therapy, with all the comforts and convenience of home. All services are administered under a physician's direction. We serve 14 counties in Georgia and South Carolina, in and around the CSRA.
Home Health’s physical therapy services include:
- Endurance training, energy conservation
- Home exercise programs, transfer training
- Ultrasound treatment, gait and progressive ambulation
- Heart and vascular rehab
University Rehabilitation Centers
University Health Care System has multiple centers located geographically convenient to the CSRA that offer round-the-clock care and support to patients recovering from heart or vascular surgery, these include:
- Westwood – Located at our Evans Campus, with easy access from Bel Air and Washington roads.
- Kentwood – Located at 1227 West Wheeler Parkway, with easy access from I-20 and I0-520.
- Amara Healthcare & Rehab – Located at 2021 Scott Road in South Augusta, with easy access from I-520.
- Separate and distinct rehab units with private rooms
- Seven-day-a-week therapy if needed that includes physical, occupation and speech therapy
- Attending physician available with on-site nurse practitioners
Rehabilitation Beds at University Hospital McDuffie – The Rehabilitation Program at University Hospital McDuffie provides additional care to people who need extra time to heal or regain their strength. Our Rehabilitation Program welcomes patients being discharged from University Hospital, University Hospital McDuffie as well as other hospitals.