What Does University's Heart Program
Offer You and Your Family?
- a medical staff of nearly 600 physicians, including the area's most skilled and experienced team of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons six cardiac catheterization labs equipped with the area's most advanced technology
- an open heart surgery service with a surgical suite designed specifically for open-heart procedures
- a vascular testing lab that's among the most highly accredited in the nation
- a comprehensive coronary care unit staffed by trained cardiac clinicians who carefully monitor heart patients using state-of-the-art equipment
- a dedicated Stroke Unit that offers a multidisciplinary approach to care
- hospital-wide wireless telemetry monitoring, which allows patients who need heart monitoring to be placed in the hospital based on their primary diagnosis, yet have the security of heart monitoring
- a dedicated Chest Pain ER within the main Emergency Department
- a Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center with an indoor track as well as aerobic and strength training equipment
- Home Health Services, educational outreach and emotional support
Chest Pain Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
University Hospital has received full Cycle V Accreditation with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) from the Accreditation Review Committee of the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Formerly known as angioplasty, PCI encompasses procedures performed in the cardiac catheterization lab to unblock a clogged artery leading to the heart. University is the only hospital in the region to have the special PCI designation.
The Chest Pain Center at University Hospital has demonstrated its expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and completing on-site evaluations by a review team from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.