Patient Instructions for Nuclear Cardiology Study
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Such as: slacks, shorts, jogging suit and tennis shoes for walking. Women should be sure to wear a separate top and bottom.
- All patients may take blood pressure medications with enough water to get the pill down. Bring all other medications with you.
- Nothing to eat after midnight unless you are diabetic. Diabetics may eat a light breakfast before 6a.m. and may take ½ of insulin dose and bring the rest of the insulin with you. Bring all other medications with you also.
- No caffeine (coffee, tea , chocolate or colas/soft drinks containing caffeine)
- The nuclear stress test is in two parts. The first part will take approximately one hour. This includes preparation, the actual exercise and the first scan. You will be allowed to leave and return in three hours for the second scan, which should take 15-20 minutes.
- Please do not bring small children with you to wait during your procedure.
- Our lab orders the imaging agent from a pharmacy the afternoon before your test and they will not allow us to return unused dosages. If you find that you are not able to keep your appointment and must cancel, our office must receive 24 hours advance notice or the cost of the imaging agent may be passed on to you.