University Breast Health Center
Professional Office Building 2
818 St. Sebastian Way, Suite 205
Augusta, GA 30901
706/774-4149 or toll-free 866/774-4141
Click here for a schedule for the Women's Wellness on Wheels.
Fully accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, University’s Women's Wellness on Wheels offers state-of-the-art 3D digital mammograms with certified mammography technicians.
The unit travels to businesses and locations throughout the CRSA providing convenient access for patients to get a screening mammogram.
What the Women’s Wellness on Wheels Offers
3D Digital Mammography
University’s Women’s Wellness on Wheels offers state-of-the-art 3D digital mammograms with certified mammography technologists. The mobile unit is fully accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Appointments are required and are scheduled at 10-minute intervals.
- If you have breast implants, please inform the scheduler as these appointments take longer.
- It must be a year since your previous mammogram.
- You must have a physician to receive your results.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. The American Cancer Society and University Breast Health Imaging Center mammography screening guidelines are:
- Yearly mammogram for women 40 and older
- Yearly breast examinations by your physician
- Monthly self-breast examinations
What to Expect
- No perfume, powder or deodorant under breast or arms (wipes and deodorant will be available for your use after your exam)
- Bring your insurance card and your driver’s license or government ID card
- Provide the date and location of your last mammogram
After Your Mammogram
- A radiologist will read the mammogram within two-four days.
- A report will be sent to your physician within seven-10 days. If you do not receive a letter within that time period, call 706-774-4149 or toll-free at 866-774-4141
- Ten to 15 percent of participants may be asked to return for additional views. This is not unusual, and the Breast Health Imaging Center staff will call to schedule a follow-up appointment if needed.
- Women with a breast lump, nipple discharge or other breast problems cannot receive a screening mammogram and should contact University’s Breast Health Imaging at 706-722-3574 for a diagnostic mammogram.
Billing Information for Your Screening Mammogram
- Patients are billed separately by University’s Women’s Wellness on Wheels and by Brown & Radiology Associates where the images are interpreted by a board-certified radiologist.
- For billing questions concerning a mobile mammogram, call the University Health Care System Billing Office at 706-828-2333.
- For billing questions concerning the interpretation of a mammogram, call the Brown & Radiology Associates Billing Office at 706-737-4275.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Call 706-774-4149 or toll-free 866-774-4141 for information or to make an appointment.