Discrimination is Against the Law
University Health Care System (“University”) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. University does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Access to qualified sign language interpreters via video conferencing
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Access to qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Rhonda Kalbas at 706-421-4154
If you believe that University has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with:
1350 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30909
Phone: (706) 774-2273
Fax: (706) 774-8688
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Ms. Moore is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave., SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.