Help With Your Hospital Bill
Help Getting Health Care Service
This hospital participates in the Georgia Indigent Care Trust Fund.
Georgia residents with qualifying financial need are eligible to receive certain benefits under the Trust Fund.
You have a right to:
- The availability of free and reduced–charge services.
- The ability to gain admittance without pre-admission deposits.
- Not be transferred solely or in significant part for economic reasons.
- The availability of services provided.
- The terms of eligibility for free and reduced services.
- The application process for free and reduced-charges.
- The person or office to whom complaints or questions about the hospital’s participation in or operation of the program may be directed.
Help with Your Hospital Bills
You may be eligible for financial help with your bills for inpatient and outpatient services at this hospital. Under the Trust Fund, we offer a certain amount of free and reduced-charge care each year. Your account is reviewed electronically after your service is registered using an electronically eligibility system. If we can not determine eligibility electronically then you may be required to submit income, asset and residency documents. If approved, you will receive a letter with the dates of service that are covered. Our Indigent and Charity Care policies are located on our website at www.universityhealth.org or upon request.
You can see University Hospital's Financial Assistance Determination Guidelines here. Applications may be picked up at the following locations:
1230 Walton Way
If You Have Problems
If you have any concerns about how we operate programs under the Trust Fund rules, you may contact the Hospital’s Customer Service Center at 706-828-2333 and/or write to the Department of Community Health at 2 Peachtree Street, N.W, Atlanta, GA 30303-3159.