Georgia Rural Hospital Organization Tax Credit
Georgia HEART Hospital Program from Georgia HEART on Vimeo.
In 2016, to help address Georgia’s rural health care crisis, the legislature adopted a state income tax credit program designed to encourage Georgians to contribute to rural and critical access hospitals – and Piedmont McDuffie qualifies as a rural hospital and may participate in the Georgia HEART Hospital Program.
If you already pay Georgia State Income Tax, you may specify that a portion of your tax dollars (up to $5000 for individuals and $10,000 for married couples) be given to Piedmont McDuffie. This opportunity will not cost you anything and gives donors the opportunity to help a hospital that has meant so much to so many for years. Please visit georgiaheart.org to help.
- Contact your accountant or financial advisor to determine how much of your Georgia State Income Tax you want to re-direct to Piedmont McDuffie.
- Visit georgiaheart.org. Click on “donate” to access the application. Provide your name, address, social security number, and the amount you want to re-direct.
- Wait to receive notice that your application has been approved.
- Write a check payable to Piedmont McDuffie, and mail it to the Georgia HEART Hospital campaign.
- Submit your tax credit coupon to your accountant or your payroll manager to have state withholdings adjusted for the following year.
For more information, please contact your financial advisor or University Health Care Foundation at 706.667.0030.
Thank you for supporting Piedmont McDuffie!