Finding Your Way/Parking
Helpful maps titled "Finding Your Way" include the hospital campus and the first and second floors and are available at information desks and other locations throughout the hospital. If you can't readily find a copy, inquire at the main information desk in the hospital lobby. Feel free to ask any employee for assistance in locating any room or service in the hospital.
- You may enter University Hospital through the main front entrance or come across the enclosed walkway from the parking deck and take the elevator to the main lobby.
- All non-emergency patients and visitors, including maternity patients, enter through the main lobby.
- Maternity patients enter through the W.G. Watson, M.D., Women's Center entrance in the main lobby and take the dedicated elevator directly to the third floor.
- Heart and vascular patients and visitors can park in the Heart & Vascular Institute's dedicated flat parking lot off St. Sebastian Way. PLEASE NOTE: If you have chest pain or suspect that you might be having a heart attack, go immediately to the Emergency Department.
- Day Surgery patients go directly to the Day Surgery Center adjacent to University Professional Center 2. You may park in the lot directly across from the center or in the parking deck at St. Sebastian Way and Walton Way.
- Patients having a cardiac catheterization go directly to the Cardiac Catheterization Lab on the second floor of the Heart & Vascular Institute.
- Patients having a procedure in the Endosopy Suite enter through the main entrance and report to A.M. Admit, which is located to the right of the main lobby elevators. After registering here, patients are escorted to the Endoscopy Suite on the second floor.
- A number of outpatient procedures are done at University Hospital's Outpatient Center. Patients should report to Central Registration in the Outpatient Center at your scheduled check-in time.
There is no charge for visitor parking in any of the decks or lots on campus. University is, however, not responsible for loss from or damage to vehicles. The visitors' deck offers convenient access to the main entrance. Handicapped parking spaces are located in all campus parking lots. If the patient you are picking up is being discharged from the hospital through the main entrance under the covered walkway, please leave your car in the visitors' parking lot until your patient has arrived in the main lobby. You may then drive to the main entrance to pick up the patient. If you are a patient or visitor in the Heart & Vascular Institute, please park in the flat lot located off of St. Sebastian Way.
University Hospital Augusta is now offering valet parking services to our patients and guests Monday through Friday at the main hospital entrance from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m, and at the Heart and Vascular Institute main entrance from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. This new service is free to seniors older than 65 and vehicles with a current state-issued handicap designation. All other visitors can use this service for $3.