Your home provides comfort and security like no other place on earth. When you're recovering from an illness, getting well at home is sometimes the best medicine. Professionals at University Home Health Services can give you or your loved one skilled clinical care with all the comforts and convenience of home. All services are administered under a physician's direction. Since we serve 14 counties in and around the CSRA, there's probably a home health location near you.
Services are available in the following counties:
Augusta Division: Columbia, Richmond, McDuffie
North Augusta Division: Aiken, Edgefield
Waynesboro Division: Burke, Jenkins, Screven, Jefferson, Bullock, Emanuel, Candler, Washington, Johnson
What services are available?
Nurse case manager will provide:
- Disease-specific care, i.e. diabetes education
- Short-term observation and assessment
- Skilled procedures and treatments, IVs, wound care, catheter care, etc.
- Teaching and training patient, family and/or caregiver
Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy
- Active/passive range of motion, gait training
- Endurance training, energy conservation
- Home exercise programs, transfer training
- Home modifications
- Joint mobilization, muscle re-education
- Joint protection/body mechanics
- Ortho-surgical rehab, i.e. joint replacement therapy
- Prosthetic training
- Falls prevention program
- Impaired swallowing, expression, comprehension, cognitive/memory, speech and voice, i.e. post-stroke therapy
- Nonverbal communication
- Oral/facial muscle weakness
- Caregiver instruction/establish home program
Medical Social Services
Medical social worker will assess:
- Ability to care for self
- Supported caregiver
- Environment for safety issues
- Coping skills
- Adherence to treatment plan
- Long-range care planning
- Grief, loss, depression, anxiety or suicidal thoughts
Home Health Aide will assist with:
- Personal care
- Transfering/ambulation assistance
Who is eligible for home health?
Patients with one of more of the following conditions may be eligible to receive home care:
- New diagnosis
- New medications
- Walking impairment
- New oxygen
- New glucometer (blood sugar monitor)
Eligibility is based on homebound status, reasonable and necessary skilled care and the need for intermittent care. Call 706-774-4160 or toll-free 866-774-4160, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for more information.
To find out more about University Health Care System Home Health Services or to receive a free home care evaluation, call 706-774-4160 or toll-free 866-774-4160 or one of the division offices. You can also click here for an online evaluation form.
Central Intake Office-Referrals
Phone Number: 706-774-4160
4106 Columbia Road, Ste 102
Martinez, GA 30907
North Augusta Office
106 B East Martintown Road
North Augusta, SC 29841
1168 Bauskett St.
Edgefield, SC 29824
225 Old Millen Highway
Waynesboro, GA 30830
303 South Harris St.
Sandersville, GA 31082