Where can I go to have my lab work done?
Four Convenient Locations:
- Main Campus - 1350 Walton Way, Outpatient Center, first floor, located to the right of the main hospital
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Piedmont Augusta Medical Center - Evans - 447 N. Belair Road
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:45 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Augusta Medical Center - Peach Orchard - 3121 Peach Orchard Road, Suite 105
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Augusta Medical Center - Aiken - 1021 Silver Bluff Road
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Where do I park (for Main Campus lab)?
Patients can park directly outside the Outpatient Center.
Do I have to be fasting; should I make an appointment?
On some tests, it is required that you fast for 12 hours. Check with your physician or caregiver. For best results, follow their orders or special instructions carefully. Appointments are not necessary for routine tests, but Therapeutic Phlebotomy (Main campus only) does require an appointment. Call 706.774.7603 to schedule.
General Lab Information
Laboratory test are used to diagnose medical conditions, provide health screenings and monitor treatment. The Piedmont Augusta Laboratory employs approximately 100 employees and performs nearly 3 million tests annually. We have seven board-certified pathologists who oversee specific areas of the laboratory. The lab has earned accreditations from the College of American Pathologist (CAP), The Joint Commission (TJC), The Clinical Lab Improvement Amendment (CLIA), The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), The Georgia Department of Human Resources - Clinical Laboratory License (DHR) and the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).
To contact the laboratory with any other questions, call 706.774.7600.