University Extended Care Amara
2021 Scott Road
Augusta, GA 30906
University Extended Care Amara is a 213-bed skilled nursing center offering acute, long-term, respite and hospice care services. Amara’s services include 24-hour nursing care and full rehabilitative services in addition to a dedicated Alzheimer’s/dementia unit.
Amara’s devoted team of licensed and certified medical professionals provide a comprehensive approach to quality care and treatment. This is reinforced through pain management, wound care, activities and social services.
Whether you need short-term recovery from an illness, surgery or injury or an extended stay at Amara for long-term skilled care is needed, our staff is fully trained and able to provide services and treatment appropriate to the changing needs of each individual resident.
University Extended Care Amara amenities include:
- Alzheimer’s/dementia unit
- Tube feeding
- Pain management
- Individual clinical care plan
- Registered dietitian
- Three meals a day
- Wound care
- Therapeutic activities
- Barber & beauty services
- Respite/hospice services
- Registered nurses
- Medication administration
- Medicare/Medicaid/Private Pay
- Stroke rehab
- Cardiac rehab
- Orthopaedic rehab
- Spinal cord injury rehab
- Wound care
- Linguistic training
- Augmentative training
- ADL & gait training
- Fall-prevention programs
- Dysphasia training
- Dementia management
- Cognitive retraining
- Prosthetic training
- Contracture management
- Wheelchair control
- Neurological rehab
- Sensory retraining
EFFECTIVE March 29, 2021
Amara is excited to begin offering indoor visitation for our residents and their loved ones. In order for us to provide this opportunity, there are guidelines to which we must adhere. Listed below are the guidelines, as well as information on scheduling appointments.
VISITORS AND VISITATION HOURS
- At this time, at least one visit per resident per week will be offered. Additional opportunities may be offered based on availability. Amara staff will call family members to schedule an appointment, but family members may also call Amara directly to schedule an appointment. Please call 706-793-1057 and state that you are requesting a visitation appointment.
- Appointments may be scheduled Monday – Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM. Your appointment time is based on time slot availability at the time of scheduling.
- Only two visitors are allowed per resident for a period of 30 minutes.
- Visitation will take place in a designated visitation area at Amara. You will enter through the main entrance at Amara.
INFECTION PREVENTION GUIDELINES
- ALL visitors MUST wear a mask over their mouth and nose at all times. There are no exceptions.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry into the building and a visitor log will be filled out.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene as instructed by staff. At minimum, this will include upon entering the building, prior to interaction with the resident and upon leaving the facility.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times. RESIDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED MAY HAVE CLOSE CONTACT WITH FAMILY. THE RESIDENT MUST WEAR A SURGICAL MASK OR WELL-FITTED MASK. THE RESIDENT AND FAMILY MEMBERS MUST PERFORM HAND HYGIENE BEFORE AND AFTER PHYSICAL CONTACT.
- Visitors will only be allowed in the designated visitation area and may not leave this area.
- If a resident is unable to leave his or her room, accommodations will be made to facilitate the visit.
- All visits will be monitored by Amara staff. ALL INFECTION PREVENTION PRINCIPLES MUST BE FOLLOWED. VISITORS WHO ARE UNABLE TO FOLLOW THESE PRINCIPLES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
These guidelines will be reviewed and revised based on State of Georgia guidelines and facility operations.