Piedmont Augusta Extended Care Westwood
Off Belair Road behind Publix
561 University Drive
Evans, GA 30809
Westwood offers residents a comfortable environment for short and long-term stays, designed to enhance their self-image and preserve their personal dignity. Regardless of the length of stay, we strive to make all residents feel like part of an extended family.
Westwood offers 149 Medicare/Medicaid-certified beds including:
- 47 private rooms
- 51 semi-private rooms
- A 15-bed short-term rehabilitation unit
- Two dining rooms
- Planned activities and outings
- Beauty shop services
- Cable TV and WI-FI free of charge
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology
- Areas of service – geriatric rehabilitation, including neurological disorders and orthopedic
- Wound care
- Treatment for swallowing difficulties
- Adaptive equipment assessments
- Short-term rehabilitation
- IV therapy
- Management of feeding tubes
- Oxygen therapy
- Pain management
- Complex medical conditions
- End-of-life care
Westwood’s separate Alzheimer’s unit allows caregivers to specifically focus care plans and group activities on the special needs of these patients.
- 20-bed dedicated secure unit
- Four private and eight semi-private rooms
- Enclosed and secured outdoor area
- Separate dining and activities areas
- Alarm system designed for residents prone to wandering
Social Services are provided to assist both residents and families in the transition of care in addition to providing information regarding social security, Medicare, Medicaid and other resident concerns.
Westwood's registered dietitians provide a nutritional assessment for residents upon admission, and the dietary staff prepares therapeutic diets as ordered by the physician. Meals are served three times a day.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
A variety of group and individual recreation activities promotes social interaction and family involvement. Visits by outside friends are encouraged.
EFFECTIVE March 29, 2022
- Visiting hours for Westwood will be seven days a week from 8:30am – 7:30pm. No appointments are required. Infection Prevention Guidelines must be followed for the safety of all of our residents and staff.
- Visitation is to be with the resident only, either in the resident’s room or in the designated visiting area. Staff will assist with this process. Access to other areas of the facility will not be allowed for infection prevention.
- Large groups of visitors are not allowed and Westwood staff will determine the number of visitors allowed at any one time based on Infection Prevention principles. Visitors may be asked to return at a later time of the day to assure compliance with these principles.
INFECTION PREVENTION GUIDELINES
- Prior to visitation, all visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19, exposure to anyone with COVID-19 and vaccination status will be reviewed. All visitors must perform hand hygiene as instructed by staff.
- Visitors should wear face coverings or masks and physically distance when around other residents or healthcare personnel, regardless of vaccination status.
- The county COVID-19 community level of transmission (High, Substantial, Moderate, Low) will determine further masking guidelines. Staff will provide guidance.
- Residents, regardless of vaccination status, may choose not to wear masks when other residents are not present and may also have close contact with their visitor. Social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained during times of no close contact. The resident and family members must perform hand hygiene before and after physical contact.
- These guidelines will be reviewed and revised based on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the State of Georgia COVID-19 guidelines and facility operations. Additional information may be provided at the facility.