University Extended Care Westwood
University Evans Campus
Off Belair Road behind Publix
561 University Drive
Evans, GA 30809
Westwood offers residents a comfortable environment designed to enhance their self-image and preserve their personal dignity.
- 129 general long-term care beds in 13 private and 58 semi-private rooms
- All beds Medicare/Medicaid certified
- Tastefully furnished rooms
- Two dining rooms
- Planned activities and outings
- Beauty shop services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies in a private setting
- Extensive nursing services to meet patient needs
- Main dining room or private dining available in the patient room at no additional cost
- Cable TV and WI-FI free of charge
- Laundry services free of charge
The Willows – Orthopaedic and Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Specially designed wing for orthopaedic and cardiac patient rehabilitation
- 15-bed, short-term unit
- Hill Rom Electric beds – specially designed for patient safety and quality medical care
- Nautilus strength equipment in on-site physician therapy gym
Westwood’s separate Alzheimer’s unit allows caregivers to specifically focus their care plans and group activities on the special needs of these patients.
- 20-bed dedicated secure unit
- Four private and eight semi-private rooms
- Enclosed and secured outdoor area
- Separate dining and activities areas
- Alarm system designed for residents prone to wandering
Skilled Rehabilitation Services
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology
- Areas of service – geriatric rehabilitation, including neurological disorders and orthopedic
- Wound care
- Treatment for swallowing difficulties
- Adaptive equipment assessments
- Short-term rehabilitation
Skilled Nursing Services
- IV therapy
- Management of feeding tubes
- Oxygen therapy
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Complex medical conditions
- Terminal care
Employment at Westwood Extended Care
Find a job at Westwood here.
EFFECTIVE March 29, 2021
Westwood is excited to begin offering indoor visitation for our residents and their loved ones. In order for us to provide this opportunity, there are guidelines to which we must adhere. Listed below are the guidelines, as well as information on scheduling appointments.
VISITORS AND VISITATION HOURS
- At this time, at least one visit per resident per week will be offered. Additional opportunities may be offered based on availability. Westwood staff will call family members to schedule an appointment, but family members may also call Westwood directly to schedule an appointment. Please call 706-831-2898 or 706-496-1506 and state that you are requesting a visitation appointment.
- Appointments may be scheduled Monday – Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM. Your appointment time is based on time slot availability at the time of scheduling.
- Only two visitors are allowed per resident for a period of 30 minutes.
- Visitation will take place in a designated visitation area at Westwood. You will enter through the main entrance.
INFECTION PREVENTION GUIDELINES
- ALL visitors MUST wear a mask over their mouth and nose at all times. There are no exceptions.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry into the building and a visitor log will be filled out.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene as instructed by staff. At minimum, this will include upon entering the building, prior to interaction with the resident and upon leaving the facility.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times. RESIDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED MAY HAVE CLOSE CONTACT WITH FAMILY. THE RESIDENT MUST WEAR A SURGICAL MASK OR WELL-FITTED MASK. THE RESIDENT AND FAMILY MEMBERS MUST PERFORM HAND HYGIENE BEFORE AND AFTER PHYSICAL CONTACT.
- Visitors will only be allowed in the designated visitation area and may not leave this area.
- If a resident is unable to leave his or her room, accommodations will be made to facilitate the visit.
- All visits will be monitored by Westwood staff. ALL INFECTION PREVENTION PRINCIPLES MUST BE FOLLOWED. VISITORS WHO ARE UNABLE TO FOLLOW THESE PRINCIPLES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
These guidelines will be reviewed and revised based on State of Georgia guidelines and facility operations.