University Extended Care Westwood
University Evans Campus
Off Belair Road behind Publix
561 University Drive
Evans, GA 30809
Westwood offers residents a comfortable environment for short and long-term stays, designed to enhance their self-image and preserve their personal dignity. Regardless of the length of stay, we strive to make all residents feel like part of an extended family.
Westwood offers 149 Medicare/Medicaid-certified beds including:
- 47 private rooms
- 51 semi-private rooms
- A 15-bed short-term rehabilitation unit
- Two dining rooms
- Planned activities and outings
- Beauty shop services
- Cable TV and WI-FI free of charge
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology
- Areas of service – geriatric rehabilitation, including neurological disorders and orthopedic
- Wound care
- Treatment for swallowing difficulties
- Adaptive equipment assessments
- Short-term rehabilitation
- IV therapy
- Management of feeding tubes
- Oxygen therapy
- Pain management
- Complex medical conditions
- End-of-life care
Westwood’s separate Alzheimer’s unit allows caregivers to specifically focus care plans and group activities on the special needs of these patients.
- 20-bed dedicated secure unit
- Four private and eight semi-private rooms
- Enclosed and secured outdoor area
- Separate dining and activities areas
- Alarm system designed for residents prone to wandering
Social Services are provided to assist both residents and families in the transition of care in addition to providing information regarding social security, Medicare, Medicaid and other resident concerns.
Westwood's registered dietitians provide a nutritional assessment for residents upon admission, and the dietary staff prepares therapeutic diets as ordered by the physician. Meals are served three times a day.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
A variety of group and individual recreation activities promotes social interaction and family involvement. Visits by outside friends are encouraged.
EFFECTIVE Oct. 6, 2021
- At this time, at least one visit per resident per week will be offered for porch/window visitation. Additional opportunities may be offered based on availability. Westwood staff will call family members to schedule an appointment, but family members may also call Westwood directly to schedule an appointment. Please call 706-831-2898 or 706-496-1506 and state that you are requesting a visitation appointment.
- Appointments may be scheduled Monday – Friday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Your appointment time is based on time slot availability at the time of scheduling.
- Up to six visitors are allowed per resident for outside visitation for a period of 30 minutes.
INFECTION PREVENTION GUIDELINES
- Prior to visitation, all visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 as well as vaccination status.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene as instructed by staff. Residents who have been fully vaccinated may elect to have close contact with visitors who are fully vaccinated without a mask. If either the resident or visitor is unvaccinated then surgical masks are required. Social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained during times of no close contact. The resident and family members must perform hand hygiene before and after physical contact.
- Visitors will only be allowed in the designated visitation area and may not leave this area.
- All visits will be monitored by Westwood staff. All infection prevention principles must be followed. Visitors who are unable to follow these principles will be asked to leave the facility.
These guidelines will be reviewed and revised based on State of Georgia guidelines and facility operations.