Accepted Insurance Providers
You will be asked to pay deductibles, co-insurance, private room differences and non-covered amounts prior to service. University Hospital is considered a preferred provider for many insurance plans. If University Hospital is not your plan's preferred provider, you will be responsible for a higher co-payment or percentage of your hospital charges for choosing a "non-network" hospital, which could be significant. It is your responsibility to confirm the preferred provider status of University Hospital with your insurance carrier. Your plan's Customer Service staff will be able to verify if University is or is not a Participating Provider at the time of service, and they can be reached at the phone number quoted on your card.
Most insurance companies do require pre-certification and/or referral from your primary physician in advance of service. University Hospital recommends that you call the insurance company to verify that the pre-certifications and referrals have been completed. It is the responsibility of the patient, guarantor or patient's physician to notify or call the insurance company. Failure to gather pre-certification, physician referral or pre-authorization may result in reduced payment or denial of benefits by an insurance company.
For more information, please call 706-774-2125 or click here to send an e-mail.
University Hospital and University Hospital McDuffie accept the following health plans:
Insurance Carrier Contracts
- Aetna/Coventry PPO, HMO and Medicare Replacement
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia HMO, PPO and HIX
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of South Carolina PPC and HIX
- United Health Care HMO, POS, PPO and Medicare Replacement
- BlueChoice HMO SC
- Humana PPO, HMO and Medicare Replacement
- Wellcare of Georgia Medicaid and Medicare Replacement
Lease Network Contracts
- First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Humana Choicecare Network
- Industry Buying Group (IBG)
- Kanawha Healthcare Solutions
- Multiplan (with BCE Emergis and Preferred Plan of Georgia (PPOG))
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Three Rivers Network
- Universal Health Network
- USA Managed Care
- Pro Net
This list is subject to change. University Hospital and University Hospital McDuffie do not participate with discount programs such as Care Entrée, Physician Visit and Hospital Program, and Prudent Choice. We currently participate with most Medicare Advantage Private Fee for Service plans. If you have any questions regarding your plan's participation with University Hospital, please call Scheduling and Benefits at 706-774-5777.