For Parents of Pediatric Patients
- Only one family member may stay overnight with a child in a semiprivate room. Two may stay overnight in a private room. Each overnight visitor must be 16 years or older, unless they are the child's parents.
- Brothers and sisters accompanied by an adult may visit between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. A child who is ill or has had contact with anyone who is ill in the past three weeks may not visit. Piedmont Augusta is not responsible for any injuries or illnesses that occur as a result of visits by children.
Children who are patients are not allowed to leave the floor without permission of the physician and nurse caring for the child.
- A shower and bath are available for parents. Please ask your nurse for towels and soap.
- Coffee and light snacks for parents who are staying with their children are available upon request. Check with the staff for information.
- A washer and dryer are available on the unit if you need to wash necessary items such as a special blanket, a favorite toy or your child's clothing.
- You may order a guest meal tray through your Catering Associate for a small charge. Please ask your Catering Associate for details. If your child is not allowed to eat or drink, please try not to eat in the room.
With your nurse's permission, your child may enjoy spending time in our playroom near the nursing station. Thank you for keeping our playroom tidy.