NOTE: Please DO NOT VISIT if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- MUST BE 18 or older and wear a mask at all times.
- MUST WASH your hand thoroughly or use hand sanitizer immediately before and after seeing patients.
- DO NOT touch your face or the faces of patients.
- MASKS covering your mouth and nose are required for everyone inside all Piedmont Augusta facilities and should be worn at all times.
All visitors must be older than 18 and wear a mask at all times while in our facilities. PLEASE NOTE: Visitation with COVID-positive patients (inpatient or ED) is restricted except for special circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
INPATIENT visitation is from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
INPATIENT, POST-PARTUM AND GYN
ONE visitor allowed to stay overnight (7 p.m.-9 a.m.) per patient, excluding COVID-positive and ICU patients, and FOUR additional visitors per day during regular visiting hours.
LABOR & DELIVERY AND NICU
Visitation in other areas of the hospital
OUTPATIENT/SURGERIES AND PROCEDURES
Two visitors allowed per outpatient being seen for surgery or a procedure, throughout the length of the outpatient visit.
Two visitors allowed per patient throughout the length of the ED visit.
Note: If outpatients or emergency department patients are admitted to the hospital, then inpatient visitation applies.
END OF LIFE
Four visitors; others allowed on a case-by-case basis per the patient’s physician.
PLEASE NOTE: For patients with cognitive or communicative disabilities or issues, a support person will be allowed to accompany the patient throughout their stay, whether inpatient or outpatient, according to the qualifiers outlined by the Office for Civil Rights.
Outside food and flowers are now allowed for all patients EXCEPT those in Piedmont Augusta's ICU and all COVID-positive patients.
Main Lobby and Piedmont Heart at Augusta: Inpatient visitation, outpatient diagnostic, surgeries, procedures and discharges. PLEASE NOTE: The PHA entrance will close at 6 p.m. each evening. Please enter through the main lobby after 6 p.m.
Outpatient Center: Outpatient diagnostic and laboratory appointments
Day Surgery: Day Surgery patients
Main Entrance: Patient appointments from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Emergency Room Walk-in Entrance: Patient appointments and inpatient visitation from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Items that may be delivered to OVERNIGHT patients:
- Eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Dentures and denture cream
- Phone and charger, laptop or tablet (i.e. iPad)
- CPAP machine
- Reading book, games book, bible
- Personal hygiene items (such as soap, toothpaste, brush)
- Underwear, pajamas, gowns, robes
- Baby Items for Women's Center patients
Items NOT ALLOWED:
- Blankets and Bed Pillows
Items that may be delivered when a patient is being DISCHARGED:
- Change of clothes