University Health Care System will allow Visitation for the following patients:
No visitors younger than 18.
- Visitation will be from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. We are asking patients to inform family and friends that no more than two visitors are permitted per day. On the day of surgery, if outside of regular visiting hours, current inpatients may have a visitor before surgery, and the visitor may stay overnight until 6 p.m. the following day.
- Inpatients admitted to ICU following surgery may have a visitor before surgery, and the visitor may stay until 6 p.m.
- All discharges are through the Main Lobby or Heart & Vascular Institute.
- COVID-positive patients will not be permitted to have visitors. Clergy may visit COVID-19 patients upon request in accordance with requirements by the OCR
- End of life visitation that needs to occur outside of visiting hours will be limited to four visitors, who should enter through the main lobby.
OUTPATIENT/SURGERIES AND PROCEDURES
- A visitor who arrives with a patient at the time of a scheduled procedure/surgery may stay in the facility.
- For surgery patients requiring an overnight stay, a visitor may stay overnight. However, after visiting hours are over, he or she must remain in the room until 9 a.m. the next day and must leave the facility at 6 p.m. the next day when visiting hours are over.
Patients in the Emergency Department are allowed one visitor.
- Labor & Delivery: one support person is permitted to accompany the patient. Once the support person leaves the facility, he or she will not be allowed back in until regular visiting hours. One additional visitor is permitted during regular visitor hours.
- NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit): Visitation for mothers or fathers from noon-4 p.m. and from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. PLEASE NOTE: For patients with cognitive or communicative disabilities or issues, a support person will be allowed to accompany the patient throughout their stay, whether inpatient or outpatient, according to the qualifiers outlined by the Office for Civil Rights.
Main Lobby and Heart & Vascular Institute: Inpatient visitation, outpatient diagnostic, surgeries, procedures and discharges
Outpatient Center: Outpatient diagnostic and laboratory appointments
Day Surgery: Day Surgery patients
Main Entrance: Patient appointments and inpatient visitation from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Emergency Department: Patients in the Emergency Department are allowed one visitor.
Emergency Room Walk-in Entrance: Patient appointments and inpatient visitation from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Items that may be delivered to OVERNIGHT patients:
- Eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Dentures and denture cream
- Phone and charger, laptop or tablet (i.e. iPad)
- CPAP machine
- Reading book, games book, bible
- Personal hygiene items (such as soap, toothpaste, brush)
- Underwear, pajamas, gowns, robes
- Baby Items for Women's Center patients
Items NOT ALLOWED:
- Blankets and Bed Pillows
Items that may be delivered when a patient is being DISCHARGED:
- Change of clothes