Spinach and Artichoke Heart Pizza
Pizza is a comfort food for many and this recipe increases the nutrient value, making it a nutrient rich comfort foodJ
- 1 12-inch pre-made pizza crust (preferably thin whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach (tightly packed—it’s okay to use more spinachJ
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can artichoke hearts; drained and chopped
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese (substitute some mozzarella with feta for a twist)
When ready to cook preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and brush with olive oil. Mix the tomatoes with the spinach and spread evenly across the crust. Next top with artichoke hearts seasoning and cheese.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until warm and cheese is slightly melted.
Yield: 6 Servings
Nutrition Breakdown: Calories 230, Fat 7g (3g saturated), Cholesterol 10mg, Carbohydrate 32g, Fiber 4g, Sodium 830mg, Protein 12g.
Percent Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%, Calcium 20%, Vitamin C 35%, Iron 10%
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 Carbohydrates
Diabetes Exchange Values: 1 Starch, 3 Vegetables, 2 Fats