Obesity and Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes can be a lifelong condition. Type 2 diabetes is an increasingly widespread health issue in the U.S. and has serious long-term consequences. You may want to compare bariatric surgery's high resolution rates for type 2 diabetes to the long-term effects of the condition.
People with type 2 diabetes are at risk for developing:
- Heart disease or suffer strokes due to poor circulation
- Kidney disease and eventually kidney failure, which requires either a kidney transplant or dialysis
- Nerve damage can lead to digestive problems, bladder problems, sexual dysfunction, and numbness and tingling
- Foot problems include blisters, ulcers, and poor circulation, which can lead to amputation
- Eye complications such as glaucoma, cataracts, and nerve damage, which can lead to blindness